Promote Your Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lady Gaga -Judas



Lady Gaga explores holy territory on “Judas,” the controversial second single from her forthcoming album Born This Way, due May 23. The RedOne-produced dance number, which features aggressive percussion and bombastic synths, touts religiously-minded lyrics and a dance floor-ready power chorus.

“I’m just a holy fool, oh baby he’s so cruel/ But I’m still in love with Judas, baby,” sings Mother Monster. “I wanna love you/ But something’s pulling me away from you/ Jesus is my virtue/ And Judas is the demon I cling to.”

The RedOne-produced track finds Gaga in familiar territory, singing about a lover she knows might not be right for her, but whom she just can't resist. "Ohhh, I'm in love with Judas," she opens on the track, accompanied by building synths. Soon a thumping electronic beat kicks in as Gaga sings, "Judahhh/ Juda-a-ah/ Gaga." The battle cry is reminiscent of the one in "Bad Romance."

Gaga's vocals are partially spoken, and at times she seems to have a Caribbean accent. She laments, "When he comes to me I am ready/ I'll wash his feet with my hair if he needs/ Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain/ Even after three times, he betrays me/ I'll bring him down, I came with no crown."

The tone lightens up a bit more on the song's chorus, which throws back to '80s pop in melody, as the beat picks up a bit and Gaga sings, "I'm just a holy fool/ Oh, baby, he's so cruel/ But I'm still in love with Judas, baby."

After the second verse and chorus, the song breaks down into a churning house song as Gaga chants in much the same way she does in the middle of "Born This Way." Then she sings, "I wanna love you/ But something's pulling me away from you/ Jesus is my virtue, Judas is the demon I cling to, I cling to."

My take on the song: It seems like a totally dark version of Bad Romance. I actually like it somehow. The beat is sha amazing, all in all its def gonna keep the little monsters sated till the album premieres


No comments:

Post a Comment