Promote Your Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Janelle Monae

When it comes to music my brothers are always insulting me that I don't have a normal taste in Music. I prefer the more eclectic songs that aren't really listened to by everyone so by the time it catches on I've moved on to better music. I listen to lyrics before I like a song the lyrics have to have some depth before I listen to them I also like Novelty musicians for their oddity and shock value that's probably why I like Grace Jones and David Bowie.
Janelle Monae is a breath of fresh air I know that sounds like a cloche but seriously from her hair to her James Brown reminiscent dance steps the girl is off the chain. I fell in love with her when i heard Many Moons then heard Sincerely Jane and then watched the video of Many Moons i knew then I was looking at talent and the bonus part is that she keeps all her clothes on so no wobbly bits are seen anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment